• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

shedding???

kickside

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My toothless is shedding and what is a good way to help him get rid of that skin? Can I help him by peeling it off?

BigDaddyDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Its okay for it to fall off on it's own. It won't hurt him or hinder him at all unless it's been on there for a long time. See if it comes off on it's own before you try to help.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Never peel it off by yourself, it will come off on its own

Bathing him more often during sheds can help loosen / soften the shed making it come off better.

If however there are stubborn pieces that sit for a long time, a lottle coocking oil rubbed onto the retained shed will loosen it up in no time (Just for retained shed, dont give him a massage with it for a whole body shed)

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Warm baths help a TON.....I like to pick up water with my hand and pour it over their shedding areas. As Monique (Pogie) said, NEVER try to peel it on your own. It makes for a very good chance of hurting them and possibly damaging cell structure in the process. It'll usually come off on it's own. Trust us. ;)

Latest posts