• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding Before and After

kudaku

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey what's up guys,

Just wondering how much bigger does your beardies get after each shedding? I just wanna see what other owners are experiencing in terms of growth. My beardie just started shedding today he's about 6 inches long.. not sure it's age, the breeder said about 8 weeks. 10 weeks now since I've owned it.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey what's up guys,

Just wondering how much bigger does your beardies get after each shedding? I just wanna see what other owners are experiencing in terms of growth. My beardie just started shedding today he's about 6 inches long.. not sure it's age, the breeder said about 8 weeks. 10 weeks now since I've owned it.
That is a very interesting question... Every dragon is different as everyones lighting, food, UVB and general care is different... As babies they grow soo fast it's like they grow like weeds each day it really is amazing. I think that is why I measured/weighted mine typically before a bath and after a poop as that is the most accurate weight.

kudaku

Bearded Dragon Egg
That is a very interesting question... Every dragon is different as everyones lighting, food, UVB and general care is different... As babies they grow soo fast it's like they grow like weeds each day it really is amazing. I think that is why I measured/weighted mine typically before a bath and after a poop as that is the most accurate weight.
When yours shed, was there a notable difference in length?

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
When you see them every day its hard to spot the size change with the naked eye, especially as they are almost constantly shedding. I can say that mine have more than doubled in size in 3 months, maybe trippled even

kudaku

Bearded Dragon Egg
So... my bearded dragon hasn't really shedded.. I saw him scratch his head against the wood a couple of times... but its like one TINY TINY TINY like maybe one of his toes size... skin on his face... but he stopped.. his color looks fine, not dull... no black beard from stress... but now today and yesterday he ate a total of maybe 5 micro supers.... he has pooped which was very little. I don't know what wrong with him. He looks perfectly fine. Always rests if I handle him on my hands.. moves around a lot if I let him wander around. Iono. I'm stumped.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So... my bearded dragon hasn't really shedded.. I saw him scratch his head against the wood a couple of times... but its like one TINY TINY TINY like maybe one of his toes size... skin on his face... but he stopped.. his color looks fine, not dull... no black beard from stress... but now today and yesterday he ate a total of maybe 5 micro supers.... he has pooped which was very little. I don't know what wrong with him. He looks perfectly fine. Always rests if I handle him on my hands.. moves around a lot if I let him wander around. Iono. I'm stumped.

Can you post a picture of him so we can see what he is looking like? that would be helpful.. If he is eating, pooping, basking, acting ok. Double check your husbandry (temps) make sure they are where they should be for babies, you would be surprised what a few degree's one way or the other will do...What other than micro supers have you offered?

Latest posts