• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shedding and not eating

Marcela

Bearded Dragon Egg
HI,
Yoda is shedding and seems to have lost his appetite...i know its normal but should i continue to give him crickets? should i wait? not sure when he'll be ready to eat.
first timer so forgive the paranoia :)

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
HI,
Yoda is shedding and seems to have lost his appetite...i know its normal but should i continue to give him crickets? should i wait? not sure when he'll be ready to eat.
first timer so forgive the paranoia :)

How old is he?
How are his fat pads?
When was the last time he ate and his much did he eat?
How far along is he on his shed?

Marcela

Bearded Dragon Egg
not 100% sure on age but he's about 6 inches so that's about 2 months old right? (i got him last sunday)
he ate yesterday morning and we noticed at the second feeding in the afternoon that he wasn't chasing the crickets. at that time we also noticed the shedding.
he just started, i gave him his first warm bath this morning. i'm leaving the office now and will check on him in about 45 min.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
not 100% sure on age but he's about 6 inches so that's about 2 months old right? (i got him last sunday)
he ate yesterday morning and we noticed at the second feeding in the afternoon that he wasn't chasing the crickets. at that time we also noticed the shedding.
he just started, i gave him his first warm bath this morning. i'm leaving the office now and will check on him in about 45 min.

If you could get a picture of him that would help us see his size and fat pads.

I would still offer him crickets but after 15 mins I would take them out. Do you feed him in his enclosure or in a separate enclosure?

Marcela

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi
Offered him a few and he ate them, still has some left but letting take some time. If not I'll take them out. He worn even look at the veggies. His shedding seems to be finished (is that possible).. I cleaned his enclosure as well.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    810.6 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    767 KB · Views: 73

Maddie

Juvenile Dragon
Hi
Offered him a few and he ate them, still has some left but letting take some time. If not I'll take them out. He worn even look at the veggies. His shedding seems to be finished (is that possible).. I cleaned his enclosure as well.

Awwww he is so cute!!!❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi

Yes it is possible. At this young age they can shed and be done in a day. They will shed a lot when they are young. He looks so adorable. I'm glad he ate tonight. That's a great thing!

Now that the shed is over his appetite should go back to normal. If it doesn't just let us know.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Btw his fat pads look great! So I can tell he's eating and eating GOOD!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Don't worry. He could be going through some moving sickness. Sometimes they are fine right when you bring them home but then they realize they are in their forever home and not going anywhere and become a little cautious. Just keep trying to feed him. Make sure you are giving him a salad every day as well as his bugs and make sure you take any uneaten bugs out of the tank so they don't nibble on him.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep ditto ^^ as babies they are always shedding lol he looks super cute and I love that face!! just offer a good variety of bugs and greens and in time he will eat them .. and if not just feed some of the leftover greens to your feeders and he will get the nutrients that way.

Latest posts