• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shed?

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey so my beardie hasn't shed since probably October! Is this normal?
Its pretty cold out lately here in Los angeles so her vivarium goes down to about 80˚ during the day o.o
I'm going to put a better bulb in a minute which will bring it up to about 100˚ but she has everything! UVB, A great heat source, she eats superworms as her daily food and a couple mealworms added with em. I often give her dandelion greens which she refuses to eat. I've tried collard greens also, but no go. I give her rasberries every once in awhile and she gobbles them up in seconds! But I'm still curious about the shedding? Not sure of her age but i think shes around maybe 7-9 months? She's 16 inches total.

joshjack90

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
when beardies get bigger they tend to shed less because their growth slows down so they dont need to as muck. Mi female is 18" and sheds about 4 times a year maybe.

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
When adult beardies shed is it normal for it to take up to a month for all of the dead skin to come off?

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Dillinger is 19 inches and he hasnt STOPPED shedding in about 3 weeks to a month, Its' like he hit a huge growth spurt all at once. It'll cycle, feet, legs, belly, back, head, repeat.

Latest posts