• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shed?

Siarray.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Will this start coming off on its own or should I buy or try some sort of aid or any practice to help it

Attachments

• FF3DD368-B8C2-49C8-B315-AA4A39AEC8D0.jpeg
    FF3DD368-B8C2-49C8-B315-AA4A39AEC8D0.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 12
  • CC41652B-859E-4072-9008-9B6BE8C38D01.jpeg
    CC41652B-859E-4072-9008-9B6BE8C38D01.jpeg
    535.6 KB · Views: 12

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Will this start coming off on its own or should I buy or try some sort of aid or any practice to help it
Probably shouldn't try to pick it off unless absolutely necessary. It could harm them. Peeps here suggested I give warm baths and use a soft toothbrush gently on the stuck area to help get it off. I let my guy soak for a bit to get the shed all soft then will gently use the toothbrush in the direction his scales go to help his stuck shed along.

I think there's a solution you can purchase that will help, as well. Can't remember the name, but I think someone will chime in with it.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The only time i help with shed is tail tips , toes, ears, nose, and eyes, shed anywhere else should rub off okay. I never ever take the shed off of the “third eye” I always let that be(but monitor it of course) Make shure you’re offering as many textures in his tank as possible, wood, rock, brick, stone, fabric, etc

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The only time i help with shed is tail tips , toes, ears, nose, and eyes, shed anywhere else should rub off okay. I never ever take the shed off of the “third eye” I always let that be(but monitor it of course) Make shure you’re offering as many textures in his tank as possible, wood, rock, brick, stone, fabric, etc
The only place I need to help Dex along with toothbrush is his tail. Poor guy just doesn't shed that well.

Latest posts