• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shed or yellow fungus?

Caronovalily

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi!

I’m new here. I have a beardie who is 10 months old and he just went through a super difficult shed. He has never had an issue before and this time was super hard for him. When he was still shedding, I thought that the yellow on his belly was just a stuck shed but it still remains. I have googled yellow fungus but some say it starts at the vent. I don’t see that. Thoughts? I am currently quarantined since one of my children brought home Covid. I’m somewhat freaking out
0F4F79E0-E3CF-44CF-BC20-2AA67C366A55.jpeg
0F4F79E0-E3CF-44CF-BC20-2AA67C366A55.jpeg
EB4583A7-915A-4A35-8BAE-97A1B2F371E6.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi!

I’m new here. I have a beardie who is 10 months old and he just went through a super difficult shed. He has never had an issue before and this time was super hard for him. When he was still shedding, I thought that the yellow on his belly was just a stuck shed but it still remains. I have googled yellow fungus but some say it starts at the vent. I don’t see that. Thoughts? I am currently quarantined since one of my children brought home Covid. I’m somewhat freaking out View attachment 32589View attachment 32589View attachment 32590
No that is shed let it do it's thing it's not yellow fungus- what are you using for a uvb? Coil or a long tube fixture--

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Long tube fixture and thank you!
Ok where is the long tube fixture and what bulb are you using T 5 or T 8? These bulbs have certain placement and distance and it also depends on the screen

Caronovalily

Bearded Dragon Egg
We got a t5
I think- it is a 12% uvb
Hi!

I’m new here. I have a beardie who is 10 months old and he just went through a super difficult shed. He has never had an issue before and this time was super hard for him. When he was still shedding, I thought that the yellow on his belly was just a stuck shed but it still remains. I have googled yellow fungus but some say it starts at the vent. I don’t see that. Thoughts? I am currently quarantined since one of my children brought home Covid. I’m somewhat freaking out View attachment 32589View attachment 32589View attachment 32590
B07B5527-E302-40A1-9826-E1E9B9E46621.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I posted a picture above. It is up top. Fine mesh
Ok good its in the tank but I would either put a piece of decor directly under it 12-15 inches -- he needs to be directly under it w / that distance at this point hes not getting much UVB and that could be causing the hard sheds

Caronovalily

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok good its in the tank but I would either put a piece of decor directly under it 12-15 inches -- he needs to be directly under it w / that distance at this point hes not getting much UVB and that could be causing the hard sheds
Okay sounds good and makes sense

Latest posts