• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shed or just discolored?

Myshelinka

Hatchling Dragon
Long time no see, Navi's been doing very well there is just one thing.

Does her tail seem like its shedding to you or not?

if you can see, its kind of discolored as if she was shedding, it has been like this for over a month, it never got bright white like shedding normally looks like, just a teeeny bit brighter at the start of it. there isnt any opening i could help her with if it was shed, It doesnt come off, I bathe her once a while when she smells and i see that she is shedding, nothing too long of a bath.
In case you couldn't see the line seperating the body and tail there is a 2nd pic, it looks like shed to me, it is kinda glossy and grey-ish.

Please help I am worried it might be very badly stuck shed and i know that can be very bad. for all i know, tails shed the fastest since they grow way faster than other parts of the body. If stuck shed is the case, what should I do to help her??

Attachments

• navi.jpg
    navi.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Inkednavi_LI.jpg
    Inkednavi_LI.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I may be blind, but it looks completely fine to me. Just her coloring maybe? Unless her tail is in the early early stages of rotting?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I may be blind, but it looks completely fine to me. Just her coloring maybe? Unless her tail is in the early early stages of rotting?
No tail rot --- its shed - sometimes tails take longer to shed and its the coloring your seeing - sheds come in different color at times not all the color the same time -- they get white grey opaque looking -- I am asking some one about other ways to help w/ stuck shed -- I will get back w/ you

Myshelinka

Hatchling Dragon
No tail rot --- its shed - sometimes tails take longer to shed and its the coloring your seeing - sheds come in different color at times not all the color the same time -- they get white grey opaque looking -- I am asking some one about other ways to help w/ stuck shed -- I will get back w/ you
Okay thank you so much for the info Sadie, you're golden.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I resent the request -- still waiting
Ok stuck shed is stuck shed it will come off eventually -- just let it do its thing -- it will come off eventually and yes tails can take a while to come off

Latest posts