• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Serious Scare!

Scottio

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys,

I've not been on here in a while but last night I came across something I would have never expected. I went to feed Charizard at his usual time, only to get there to find that both his basking light and his UV light were out. As they are on the same timer, I went to check that first, both on. As I looked into his viv, his basking bulb had shattered. Literally everywhere. Thankfully charizard sits in his sand a lot so escaped any injury.

I bought the viv and all the kit to go with it from a kind woman on the internet. She seemed to know what she was talking about. So this morning I went to try and fix the lighting (After doing a full clean of the glass last night). As the fuse had tripped in the house I firstly thought to check the fuses of the plugs only to find that the reason this whole disaster happened was simply because the wrong fuse had been inserted to the plug, allowing too much power to the light, therefore shattering it.

If you do not know, or just expected, please go and check the fuses in your plugs. Charizard was lucky. There was enough glass on the floor area to cut every part of him. It takes about 10 minutes to check all of your fuses but it will be worth it!

Thanks

Scott x

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to hear Charizard was unscathed by the lighting mishap and that you were able to locate the problem and get it fixed easily. Chances are that the lady you bought the setup from was totally unaware that the plug had the incorrect fuse. Wouldn't be the first time that I have seen products come straight from the manufacturer with incorrect parts having been substituted. Having worked in and around big factories I can say first hand that at times quality and safety slip-ups happen dispite regulation and control systems being in place because the quantity produced becomes the focus. Considering how many cord plugs are produced cheaply on a daily bases it's easy to see something like that happening.
Hopefully now Charizard is truly safe from danger:)
Enjoy!!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That is so scary! It's great that Charizard made it through unscathed!

Latest posts