• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Screen top for a bow front

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Anyone know how to build a screen top? I have a few ideas, but the bow front is going to be kinda tricky.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You could use fine expanded metal cut to fit, with T-Bar for support.

ExpandedMetalTop1.jpg

I used Fine Expanded Metal & edged it with Plastic Panel Moulding. CorePlast (Corugated Plastic - similar to a corrugated cardboard, only plastic) for the closed sections, all supported by ceiling tile T-Bar.

ExpandedMetalTop2.jpg

The T-Bar underneath.
ExpandedMetalTop3.jpg

This is a 18x48 - 90Gal rectangular enclosure, but the bow would work just as easily. I used several separate panels, so the whole top would not have to be removed for easy access. The solid sections to help keep the heat in. I used the 12 volt computer fan, at one time, as an exhaust fan, to draw warm air from the hot side to the cool side, which worked really well. Have changed the lighting & placement since & no longer need/use it.

Just an idea that works well for me.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I saw plastic bendable stuff at home depot but was worried it would melt. It seems kinda flimsy.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I totally missed the inner ledge at the top that wraps around the bow, it's a quarter inch deep so I could use it to set the frame on. I could cut wood to fit and have the opening area be there then I could just staple the screen around the wood frame. I would only need the actual screen in a couple places. I will post a pic of what I ended up doing when all is said and done... when I get around to doing it. Thank you Germ, you're awesome :D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah... I'm taking my time. Finally got the wood for the frame.

Latest posts