• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Scared about D3 overdose?! Help!!

TarynLee

Hatchling Dragon
So I joined a Beardie forum on Facebook and someone saw a photo of Connor and they began asking me about MBD and D3 overdose due to him having an underbite.
Until she pointed it out, I never noticed! But I have also never noticed any signs of him being ill???
She pointed out to me, however, that I should not use D3 supplements with a Reptisun 10 HO. And I did not know that??

Can any provide any input here? I'm worried sick I have harmed my poor boy.
Background info:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393699580.294816.jpg
He is 5 years old and I adopted him in January. He was formerly owned by my friend since he was a baby. Never been ill.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Calcium I use
uploadfromtaptalk1393798773336.jpg

Multi vitamin I use
uploadfromtaptalk1393798844602.jpg

Dust multi vitamin twice a week. And calcium all other days.

I have never heard to not dust with vitamin d3 before. MBD is caused by lack of calcium and uvb.

cirby_lover

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know for my beardie I give her plain calcium without d 3 with most feelings and herptivite and calcium with d3 twice a month.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you use a mercury vapor bulb dust WITHOUT D3.

If you use the florescent tube UVB dust WITH D3.

If you dust heavily than yes it can be bad. ex crickets coming out extremely white with dust falling off.

Dust lightly where they have basically very little in them.

I sprinkle some calcium on my greens and dust the crickets every night. I do this because I can't feed mine crickets 3x a day.

Latest posts