• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

scales have come off my bearded dragons front leg

stormtiger90

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I thought she might have hurt her leg jumping off the platform in her tank because she has been limping. But when I checked on her after I got home from work I noticed a patch of missing scales on her front right leg (the one she is limping on). The area is all white and smooth. She still likes to come out of her tank and she still eats. She's about 3 years old.

stormtiger90

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hope this photo is OK.

Attachments

• 14318954637482090211829.jpg
    14318954637482090211829.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 274

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How close can he get to his light? It almost looks like a burn.

stormtiger90

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The light is probably around 10" away from her basking spot (it's an arcadia mecury vapour bulb). And the temp on her basking spot only gets around 95-100
She doesn't like it any hotter than that. She can't touch the bulb

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How long has it been since she jumped off her ledge and been limping? I've never seen anything like this so I'm not really sure what it is. There is a line of scales above the "wound" that looks like shed. The scales aren't missing, they are whited over like they do right before a real good shed. It's weird.

stormtiger90

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I think it's been nearly a week since she started limping. Before the scales on her leg came off, they had turned a brown colour. (not her normal colouring)

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She got caught on something and ripped that area trying to get free (from what I see). Try to find what she got caught on and remove it asap

Latest posts