• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Scab on bottom lip or something?

Lord0taku

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, my bearded dragon has a scab or something on his bottom lip and it worries me as I have no clue what it is. Does anybody know what it is and what I should do?

Attachments

• 20210828_111500.jpg
    20210828_111500.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210828_111513.jpg
    20210828_111513.jpg
    734.8 KB · Views: 48

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, my bearded dragon has a scab or something on his bottom lip and it worries me as I have no clue what it is. Does anybody know what it is and what I should do?
I had a friend look at your post she is pretty good at figuring out the issue this is what she is asking and recommending

It looks like the start of mouth rot but if not i's some type of trauma. Ask how long they've had him, what the temps. are, how his appetite is,etc. They can use a bit of diluted betadine [ 1 part to 10 parts water ] to dab on it a few times a day or Chlorhexidine used the same way. Use a Q-tip but be careful he doesn't bite the tip off. They can also use raw honey but of course they'd have to be 100 % sure there are no loose insects in the tank. If it gets worse, find a good reptile vet.

Here is a website to find a reptile vet www.arav.org if you haft to use a zip code closest to you w/ a bigger city -

Lord0taku

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had a friend look at your post she is pretty good at figuring out the issue this is what she is asking and recommending

It looks like the start of mouth rot but if not i's some type of trauma. Ask how long they've had him, what the temps. are, how his appetite is,etc. They can use a bit of diluted betadine [ 1 part to 10 parts water ] to dab on it a few times a day or Chlorhexidine used the same way. Use a Q-tip but be careful he doesn't bite the tip off. They can also use raw honey but of course they'd have to be 100 % sure there are no loose insects in the tank. If it gets worse, find a good reptile vet.

Here is a website to find a reptile vet www.arav.org if you haft to use a zip code closest to you w/ a bigger city -
Thank you for the reply!!!! I got him a month ago and I though it was just wound he got from rubbing his head while shedding. He has a great appetite, I feed him live insects in a separate tank and he digs in almost immediately. I have two dishes with his salad and water in his tank and the salad does disappear I've also seen him drinking many times.

Lord0taku

Bearded Dragon Egg
Alright I did as you said and it seems to be working!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Alright I did as you said and it seems to be working!!
Make sure your basking temps are good 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a good UVB NO COILS they are no good --- you want a long tube fixture 24" a Zoo Med or Sunblaster Nano or a Arcadia Pro T5 w/ either a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% bulb for a 40 + gallon tank --- those two things are going to help him heal -

Latest posts