• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

sanitizing help

Faerieweird

Bearded Dragon Egg
Knowing that my little guy Dovah most likely passed away from complications after an intestinal parasite, i wanna make sure everything is safe for when we decide to bring a new dragon into our home. All the reptile carpet is being replaced, the woven lizard lounger is going to be put in boiling water, but the other items like the basking tree, pool, rock cave and ceramic tile need to be sanitized another way to make sure the new dragon doesn't get anything from Dovah. I know traditional house hold cleaners aren't safe, but I've heard sevral suggestions and I'm just not sure what is best.

I've been told to use
*rub it down with salt and hot water
*flunkers organic reptile habitat cleaner
*chlorhexidine solution 2%
*zoo med wipe out 1

What do ya'll recomend

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Since you don't exactly what he had, I'd spray it down with undiluted ammonia and let it sit for 30 minutes before wiping it down. You may have to go back in and spray a couple times to keep everything from drying out while you wait. I recommend a well ventilated area, as ammonia smells horrendous. Then I'd hit it with 2% chlorhexidine. Better safe than sorry. As best as I know, very few if any, organisms will survive undiluted ammonia.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree with Eavlynn. Ammonia kills just about everything. The beautiful dragons web site has a great disinfectant section, I would check it out.

Latest posts