• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sand

babiiqirlxx

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
but i like sand lol it looks nice & bubba seems to like it. so im wondering what kind.. playsand? repti sand?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Basically it's the same stuff. Same probability.

If you feel you need to use sand, stick with standard sifted washed play sand

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
in the states..................Walmart, mjiers, lowes, home depot.

out of curiousity, how long ago did you change? Too many changes too quickly can cause him alot of stress.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Another option you may consider is laying down tile and having a sand section. A corner of the viv for your beardie to dig and stuff. This limits the amount of sand and cuts down on impaction and bacteria. I would still change it frequently.

You can get tile from home depot. They will cut it on site if you have your measurements.

Whatever you decide, make sure you sift the sand yourself. Don't take the manufacturer's sifting technique to heart. I've sifted playground sand and PetSmart sand before. You'd be amazed at the sizes of the pieces of glass that are found.

babiiqirlxx

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thnx Renee! your always so helpful!! yeah i really do wanna get the tile because i think it would look soo good!! ill probally be doing that in the next week or so!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You are quite welcome! It really will be a nice change for you. I know some have had difficulty adjusting to the tile, but Bernie made a seamless transition.

It does make it a nice piece of furniture to display in your house and clean up is a breeze. You can use sensitive baby wipes for quick jobs and pop the tiles out for deep cleaning....hope it goes well and let us know if you have any questions!

Latest posts