• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sadie

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sadie has not been basking. We just moved her into a 60L. It is rather large, however one area of it is taken up by a rather large "pool" of water. One of those corner pieces. I use a digital thermometer. The temp in the basking spot is around 103. Today when I cleaned her enclosure, she was cold to the touch. She is eating well, pooping well. (Not many things smell worse than dragon poo). It does get warm up here. Perhaps the basking lamp we are using is too hot? It is a 150.
She is in shed. Her feet, and she doesnt like it. And yes, I have been assisting. It makes her feet look deformed.
Any thoughts?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Where has she been hanging out in the new viv? It could be relo stress. They go through it whenever there is a change - new home, new viv.

How are her eating habits? I don't think your bulb is too hot 103F is just right for a baby. I usually say between 105 and 110.

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She has been hanging out near a "log" that was in her old enclosure. Perhaps I shouild move it closer to her basking spot?

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I had to incorporate Piggy's old stick with her new grape vine to get her to bask on the grape vine. Even then is took her a couple of days before she would use it. Deff sounds like relo stress, she seems to be going to the one thing that is familiar to her.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah it sounds like it could be relo stress coupled with a shed. When I did Pogies new background/basking platform, she hung out on her old branch that was in her old enclosure for a while too. They each come around in time. I did however move her a few times a day to the basking spot, she soon realised its nicer and warmer there.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Debbe said:
It is rather large, however one area of it is taken up by a rather large "pool" of water. One of those corner pieces.
Any thoughts?

I agree this is relocation stress... however, this above is what concerns me... Dragons are desert creatures, not accustomed to staying close to bodies of water... Perhaps this area can be removed, or at least drained of the water...
Hope this helps.

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I can move that. I still soak them. Seemed easier to have a soaking place in her enclosure. It is a 60L. Pretty good size. Marley soaks himself now. I guess I should move his too? They both really like the water.

Latest posts