• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

S.O.S ! Need help ASAP

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone,
My town is currently going through a power outrage and a tropic hurricane.
My dragons heat bulb completely broke when the power went, it won't even turn on. He same with his night heat
His UVB still works by idk what to do ! I'll be in town tomorrow but, idk how long he can go without heat or UVB. I could switc the heat bulb tithe UVB socket, but which is more important till tomorrow ?
:(

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The heat is the more important, it won't hurt it to be without UVB for a day. Why are you using Night heat?

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hi AlishaOK:)
Just asking for a little clarification...You stated that your power was currently out but that your UV and the night heat that you are using is working?
The heat,as Germ stated, is definitely the priority and if you do have power but just not your regular basking light then I would suggest that you try a standard household incandescent bulb if you have one till you get to town tomorrow. A 60, 75 or 100 watt incandescent puts out more heat than most folks are aware of;-) Of course if you use one you will need to watch the temps in his enclosure closely to make sure they dont go too high.

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
sorry for the confusion guys ! a little flustered.
ok so, the power did go, but is back again. but when it was gone my dome for my heat bulb died. so i only have a one other dome, all my bulbs work except one dome is gone.
Germ, the night heat question goes for my brothers dragon Hershel, mine doesn't use his night heat anymore and i have no control over his dragons stuff (he just wanted me to ask)
but i have switched the heat bulb into the uvb socket so that he'll stay toasty warm till tomorrow

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to here you got your power back on and everything under control:D
Just a suggestion but I always keep a stock of extra bulbs on hand for these exact types of situations..That and having a plan in place beforehand in case your power goes out again goes a long way toward keeping the stress you experienced when it did from being a stress at all:)
Hopre the storms have past and that you can Enjoy the rest of your day!

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
thanks everyone! Thankfully were both moving in the big city this weekend for school so ill always have somewhere as a backup !

Heres a pic of his full body, def grown :)

Attachments

• sullygrowin.jpg
    sullygrowin.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 94

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sully is looking great Alisha
icon_thumright-1.gif

Time to get a good photo into the Contest ;)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sully is definitely looking gorgeous, Alisha! Beautiful baby.

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Hello guys ! I'm super busy with school and haven't posted in a while, just posting a pic to show you how colourful and big he's getting. Love bearded dragons :)

Attachments

• sullman.jpg
    sullman.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 57
  • orange.jpg
    orange.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts