• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Runny poop

pandorina001

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 3 months old beardie. For the 5-6 days her poop is runny. She eats regularly and energetic. She does not look sick. What should be the cause, should I concern and how I can I help her? Thank you.

Attachments

• 20230215_130440.jpg
    20230215_130440.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 3 months old beardie. For the 5-6 days her poop is runny. She eats regularly and energetic. She does not look sick. What should be the cause, should I concern and how I can I help her? Thank you.
It looks like good poop --- however can you see any undigested insects in the poop- I dont know if I am seeing things or if there is some there-- if so tell me what her basking temps are - they need to be 105-110 taken w/a digital probe thermometer - and you want surface basking temps -- not air---- what type of UVB are you using? a coil or a long tube fixture? If its a coil you are going to need to replace it -- I can recommend 3 good UVB's -- coils are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues ---

pandorina001

Bearded Dragon Egg
It looks like good poop --- however can you see any undigested insects in the poop- I dont know if I am seeing things or if there is some there-- if so tell me what her basking temps are - they need to be 105-110 taken w/a digital probe thermometer - and you want surface basking temps -- not air---- what type of UVB are you using? a coil or a long tube fixture? If its a coil you are going to need to replace it -- I can recommend 3 good UVB's -- coils are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues ---
Thanks you for the answer Sadie, we were talking with you about glass surfing and you helped a lot. Since then, I have been using a probe on the basking surface, which is 108 right now. And as you suggested I bought 22" Reptisun t5 for UVB. However, there seems like some undigested insects in the poop. Can it be the case I overfed her? She sometimes eat 10-15 lobster roaches at one meal, and 1-2 small morio worm. I actually worried since there is liquid with the poop, but if you say good it is good. :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks you for the answer Sadie, we were talking with you about glass surfing and you helped a lot. Since then, I have been using a probe on the basking surface, which is 108 right now. And as you suggested I bought 22" Reptisun t5 for UVB. However, there seems like some undigested insects in the poop. Can it be the case I overfed her? She sometimes eat 10-15 lobster roaches at one meal, and 1-2 small morio worm. I actually worried since there is liquid with the poop, but if you say good it is good. :)
Liquid is good in the poop just means extra water -- the morio worms could be the ones undigested especially if she is swallowing them whole and not chewing them up- dont feed her any more for a few days and see if it clears up 108 should be high enough to start digestion -- we see alot of the BSFL / morio worms coming out undigested as they are eating them too fast and not chewing them up -- where did you put the UVB? Top of screen or inside the tank ?

pandorina001

Bearded Dragon Egg
Liquid is good in the poop just means extra water -- the morio worms could be the ones undigested especially if she is swallowing them whole and not chewing them up- dont feed her any more for a few days and see if it clears up 108 should be high enough to start digestion -- we see alot of the BSFL / morio worms coming out undigested as they are eating them too fast and not chewing them up -- where did you put the UVB? Top of screen or inside the tank ?
She chews a bit but she eats fast, you are right, I will not feed her any more for a few days and observe. UVB is on top of the screen, screen is very wide holed and tank is 12". You suggested to put it on the screen in another thread.

Latest posts