• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Runny large poops

Total17inc

Bearded Dragon Egg
For the past month my beardie has been pooping very runny wet poops with seemingly no urate at all. any ideas what could be wrong? Anything will help
Screenshot_20210726-084622_Gallery.jpg

Total17inc

Bearded Dragon Egg
The extra liquid is good --- the poop looks good - I see some white urate --- what are you feeding?
I change it slightly each week I feed mostly fresh veggies rn I have kale green beans cilantro and raspberries he gets meal or wax worms occasionally do think maybe if he was fed more worms his poop would be more solid

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I change it slightly each week I feed mostly fresh veggies rn I have kale green beans cilantro and raspberries he gets meal or wax worms occasionally do think maybe if he was fed more worms his poop would be more solid
Lay off the wax worms -- they are too fatty and too many can cause long term liver damage - limit the super worms to 2-3 times per week and only feed a few at time - please get a staple insect like dubia roaches crickets silk worms or BSFL- those are real small so if you get them order large and DO NOT dust them - they make good salad toppers - I would mix your greens up like collard mustard and turnip greens - are you dusting the worms? He should have some calcium dusted on his staple insect-- what kind of UVB are you using? And how old is the dragon?
www.symtonbsf.com
www.dubiaroaches.com they also have horn worms they are a good hydrating worm and grow VERY FAST so only order in small amounts -- get the medium size unless they have smalls --
These two in combo make a good staple feeder since the BSFL are so small - you would need to feed at least 50 of them for a yr old dragon - that is why I recommended the dubias as well - and yes feeding a staple feeder is going to make more of a solid poop but you have good hydration going w/ the greens -- dragons get most of their hydration from the salads - you could add some squash too it is hydrating
website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder you will need a bowl similar to this for the worms / insects https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
You want a glass or ceramic bowl -- but you need a staple insect ---- tell me the UVB your using

Latest posts