• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Roxxy has passed away.....

Roxybaby8785

Bearded Dragon Egg
Today I took my Roxxy to the vet, he said she was very ill and that she had been for a while. He tried to give her some de wormer meds and antibiotics and she threw up blood. On the car ride home she started gasping for air and passed away. I miss her so much. I keep looking at her house like im going to see her and there is nothing there. This was my first beardie. I had her for a little over 2 years and i dont know what i did wrong. The vet tried to tell me it was not a parasite that she was just ill but i keep feeling like i could have done more. She was beautiful and will always be my Roxxy baby....
3c3699863b74e496799b10d5828f5cdd.jpg
d6898280aea1dd45691c53f51bb7fa58.jpg
76146782456904087bdb6cb9b85b9d04.jpg
c9825e67cfcb660cb69ae9be34430011.jpg
3afab97dc29a43c8c8912dfbbb5c6017.jpg

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What? OMG I am soo sorry to hear this! Did the vet say what Roxy had?? What symptoms where there??

Roxybaby8785

Bearded Dragon Egg
What? OMG I am soo sorry to hear this! Did the vet say what Roxy had?? What symptoms where there??
She didnt show too many symptoms. About 3 days before she passed she started getting really white and wouldnt even.open her mouth. I would suggest to anyone that as soon as u think your beardie is not eating or using the rest room right take them to the vet. Biggest mistake i made

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Please don’t beat yourself up. Even if you got her to the vet 3 days ago there may not have been anything that could have been done. The problem with animals is their survival instinct and they know not to show signs of being sick or weak until they are nearing the end. Just concentrate on the good times you had and all of the great memories you made with her.

Roxybaby8785

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please don’t beat yourself up. Even if you got her to the vet 3 days ago there may not have been anything that could have been done. The problem with animals is their survival instinct and they know not to show signs of being sick or weak until they are nearing the end. Just concentrate on the good times you had and all of the great memories you made with her.
Thank u for your kind words. She was and always will be my baby. Just missing her alot. I know to some it may be weird but she was just like having a child. I miss our cuddles and how you could see her happiness when we would come home from work. But i appriciate all of your kindness and help throughout the way.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Understandable! They are our children and when we loose them it hurts!! I have 3 and I can't even imagine not having them around.. Know that she knew you loved her and you cared for her and she knew that..

Latest posts