• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

rocks/stones questions

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have had no luck finding what I was wanting by walking outside, so now it is time to buy things. What kind of things should I use to build a big basking area/hides? I know bricks can be used, but not the kind of flat rocks should I look at?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here is a pic of Spyro's tank.
Tileandcarpet.jpg

The cave and the limb I bought, but the rock came from the yard.
Just some ideas.

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
im using sandstone from a dry stone wall i knocked down disinfected them and baked them

paul

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can find some pretty unique pieces of wood at reptile stores. We weren't too creative as some of the vivs we've seen.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Make rocks.....

Use polystyrene, expanda foam.... file and cut away at it till the desired shape is obtained, seal with tile grout and paint it... Looks GR8

Have pics of my background and basking area.... will post if you'd like

Monique

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please post...I love taking ideas from many different places. Everything has its own thing I like and love to combine many ideas into one.

After looking and looking I still can not find anything I like so I am just going to make one. I did find tile that I like and have put in for them just nothing for a basking spot so I am drawing up some ideas now and will be making one. It is going to have to wait a couple of weeks b/c we are moving. I don't have the time to make it and the less stuff I have to move the better. They are both happy right now but I will be changing things up on them again in about 2 weeks. I am a fast unpacker...I hate boxes all over. I will have the whole house unpacked and clean in one day. My husband is always shocked to see how fast it is done. I even have stuff hanging on the walls before he gets home from work.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are you eating, Sandra ? lol... B complex heavy foods perhaps ?
Janie

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am taking a spoonful of crazy with a couple of cups of OCD. :eek:

I am the most organized packer you will ever meet. It takes me a month to get ready to move. I pack boxes very strategically, with detailed labeling so I know exactly what boxes to unpack in what order. I also map out in my head prior to and while moving things in as to where they are going to go and how so all I have to do is take it out of the box. Nothing drives me more crazy then things being in boxes. If there are boxes 2 days after moving in then I have to take anxiety pills until they are all unpacked.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well OK, here goes!

Just remember, This was my first attempt....

Started off with something that really didnt look like much
FR1.jpg

Then added expanda foam
S2.jpg

Filed it and shaped it and covered with grout
SNC00412.jpg

Paint layer 1
SNC00416.jpg

This is what I ended up with, took 3 days to make and 5 to cure... LOL, longest week of my life, but seeing how much Pogie enjoys it, It was wort it.

SNC00434.jpg

SNC00433.jpg

SNC00445.jpg

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That looks great. I can't wait to move and get started.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanx for the compliments... is very much appreciated.

Renee, I didnt really seal the rocks.. Used a PVA roof paint that is waterproof. Only bad thing about it, is it took 4 days outside in the sun to fully cure... But it was worth the wait.

Pogie loves it.

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Staylor, I don't know where you stay but it seems that you are having a hard time finding rocks and stuff that you need. Maybe settle for a different theme altogether and make do with what you can find readily available. Best of luck. Have you finished moving yet?

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I live on a tiny island in FL and all we have is sand and mashes. I can find what I want at the green way but that place scares the crap out of me....TONS of alligators. I checked all the places around me that are gator free but did not find anything. I have not moved yet, the house we are moving into is getting all new pluming so we do not get the keys until the 15th and moving on the 16th. I am looking forward to making something. It will give me something to do other than kids and school and it will be exactly what I want.

Latest posts