• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ripped toe nail

Playdeadrin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, today I went to check on my beardie and noticed a small streak of blood on his wall. Upon further investigation I noticed one of his toe nails was bleeding. The quick is fully intact and it looks like the black nail part was ripped out. I put some neosporin on it earlier and completely disinfected his cage to help with infection. Is there anything else I should be aware of??? I have spent all day sobbing because I feel so bad.

Attachments

• B4AA8E00-26D3-4AA4-828F-3926BBDEF8FA.jpeg
    B4AA8E00-26D3-4AA4-828F-3926BBDEF8FA.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
Awww poor nugget! Don't beat yourself up..I'm sure he's fine :) but you can put a lil hunny on it with a qtip. Hunny has healing properties. Just make sure there's no crickets near him because they will go after it. Also maybe an extra bath this wk to soak it?? Good luck and he will be just fine!

Playdeadrin

Bearded Dragon Egg
He’s been acting ok, I have noticed that he keeps it lifted a little. and today my husband sent me a picture of him like flailing his hand around. Is that normal??

Playdeadrin

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hand flick

This is the hand flick he was doing. This is his hurt hand so I’m not sure if he is doing it out of pain, or it’s growing back and bothering him. Just worried about him

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
Hand flick

This is the hand flick he was doing. This is his hurt hand so I’m not sure if he is doing it out of pain, or it’s growing back and bothering him. Just worried about him
Do the hunny..it's like a neosporin to them it will help and just keep an eye on him. After a couple days you should see improvement. Can you post a few more pics?

Latest posts