• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RIP: Spike

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We are sad to announce that Spike, our 9 year old Black Lab, our guardian, biggest baby, had to be put down today. The Vet said the prognosis didn't look good because of a probable stroke, brain cancer, and possibly a tumor. The vet checked his eyes and said that one of them looked really sunken in and there was no dilation. He had been restless all night long and couldn't find a good place to lay down. He would have passed away today or tomorrow. Putting him down seemed to be the most humane thing possible for his case. His breathing was labored and didn't even want broth or food, or his medicines this morning.

Rest In Peace, Spikey, Binky. He's the Black Dog.
dogs.jpg

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't think he was ready to go because he was alive even after injecting him. He was breathing. They had to give him twice because his blood pressure was so low.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
So sorry for your loss. I know it's hard but now he's with Allie, she will look after him.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He's been leaving pennies all around like Allie did. Unless Allie's leaving them to tell us she's got him. She's not afraid of him anymore. She used to be terrified of him.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Allie and Spike have another angel with them tonight....we lost our cat Cleo :(

She took a turn yesterday and tonight at the vet she went into respiratory distress and then cardiac arrest. She didn't suffer, it all happened so fast that I'm not even 100% sure what happened.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie and Spike have another angel with them tonight....we lost our cat Cleo :(

She took a turn yesterday and tonight at the vet she went into respiratory distress and then cardiac arrest. She didn't suffer, it all happened so fast that I'm not even 100% sure what happened.

I don't know what happened either to Spike. It was so quick with Spike.

I'm so sorry about your furkid. :(

We're still pondering what other 'causes' might have happened. Poisoned, spider bite, recluse bite.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't know what happened either to Spike. It was so quick with Spike.

I'm so sorry about your furkid. :(

We're still pondering what other 'causes' might have happened. Poisoned, spider bite, recluse bite.

Thanks Noella. We are trying to focus on the positives. It's been hard because I still look for her in her chair and I call out her name when I'm calling the other cats. So far the other cats seem okay. I think once we bring the empty carrier back home they might start looking for her. We did win $100 on a scratch off lottery card the day after she died so she is looking out for us!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I ended up calling Spike when I was calling in Sadie. That's good that you won 100$. We found loose change all over the place. :)

Beardielizzy

Hatchling Dragon
We lost our dog of 12 years a boston terrier ! So sad letting them go BUT you don't want them to suffer ! Rainbow bridge is waiting with all the furry angels ❤️

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes. I imagine them having a ball, eating whatever they want, superworms and are whole again. No pain, suffering, or anything.

Latest posts