• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reverse Coloring On Dragon??

ZoroTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is going to sound weird but my dragon is reversed when it comes to colors. When he gets upset and scared he gets lighter. Like sheet white. And when hes happy hes dark???? I dont understand. I had to give him medication and he turned white. I thought he was gonna die. When hes basking and playing he is really dark. I took him to the vet and they said he was fine but that was before the weird color changes. He also gets light when he is cold. Any advice or tips???

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is going to sound weird but my dragon is reversed when it comes to colors. When he gets upset and scared he gets lighter. Like sheet white. And when hes happy hes dark???? I dont understand. I had to give him medication and he turned white. I thought he was gonna die. When hes basking and playing he is really dark. I took him to the vet and they said he was fine but that was before the weird color changes. He also gets light when he is cold. Any advice or tips???
Darker means they are absorbing heat---- is he shedding ? can you take pics of him please -- their beards will get really bright when they are happy --- what were you giving meds for?

ZoroTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Darker means they are absorbing heat---- is he shedding ? can you take pics of him please -- their beards will get really bright when they are happy --- what were you giving meds for?
No hes not. And I just got him recently so I had to give him meds for worms just in case. His last home was just a bowl and a stick. So I'd like to think hes happier now.
20210511_152753.jpg

Attachments

• 16207613305825238819618610877557.jpg
    16207613305825238819618610877557.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I could be doing a terrible job idk. I just want him to be happh
Thats his coloring -- please dont give him meds if he has not been diagnosed w/ parasites --- go over the lighting in the tank you have him in please --- what size tank ? NO coils for a UVB they are inadequate -- basking temps need to be 95-100 for a juvie / adult -- how old is he? those temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons please -- NO colored bulb NO heat mats NO heat rocks

ZoroTheDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thats his coloring -- please dont give him meds if he has not been diagnosed w/ parasites --- go over the lighting in the tank you have him in please --- what size tank ? NO coils for a UVB they are inadequate -- basking temps need to be 95-100 for a juvie / adult -- how old is he? those temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons please -- NO colored bulb NO heat mats NO heat rocks
The vet gave me the meds to give him so... you're gonna have to talk to them about that lol. And hes a normal color now cause hes not upset. I just wanna know why he turns white when mad. Even when his beard puffs up he turns white. He has a small tank rn. Like 48 gallons or 50?? A 120 gallon one is coming. I dont have a digital probe. It's also naturally cold where I am. I have a regular UVB bulb and a regular one. He doesnt have a heat rock cause it's dangerous. Hes 2.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The vet gave me the meds to give him so... you're gonna have to talk to them about that lol. And hes a normal color now cause hes not upset. I just wanna know why he turns white when mad. Even when his beard puffs up he turns white. He has a small tank rn. Like 48 gallons or 50?? A 120 gallon one is coming. I dont have a digital probe. It's also naturally cold where I am. I have a regular UVB bulb and a regular one. He doesnt have a heat rock cause it's dangerous. Hes 2.
Please get a digital probe --- this and the UVB is imperative to his health and behavior-- they control that --- if his basking temps are not correct he will quit eating along w/ the UVB this control the absorption and synthesis of the calcium hes getting-- please tell me what your using for a UVB? His temps should be 95-100 taken w/ that probe -- I am not sure on the turning white - usually they flare up and the beard will go black if they are in distress - scared - or in pain --- he looked like he had some shedding going on around the back of his head and it looked like it was a lighter grey color

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You should have 3 temps going in the tank 80's for cool side during the day--- 90's middle of the tank and 95-100 for the basking area --- temps at nite should be 65-75 no colored bulbs --- I would invest in the digital probe thermometers --- your tank is of good size and its good your upgrading to a 120 gallon but your going to need a 24" UVB fixture for that tank --- NO coil UVB's I dont know what you mean by regular UVB and regular bulb --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He turned white when he gets upset. Like when my cat is looking at him he puffs up and turns white even in his tank. Which sits at 85-100 degrees on the warm size
Warm side should be middle of the tank in the 90's -- he could be distressed about the cat --- they are a predator to them --

Latest posts