• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescued another beardie

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I was out and about today with a friend and she took me to this girls house to drop off girl scout cookies and well they happen to have a bearded dragon as they were talking and talking i desided to go over and peek at the dragon well once again the dragon was in those reptile wood shavings? arnt they bad for beardies? she had a nice set up and the beardie looked great but i guess doesnt like veggies only live things sich as crickets and superworms! anyway this lady walks over to me and says please take it one of these days im going to set it free!i thought she was kidding seeing it looked taken care of so I laughed. well she looked at me without a smile and said im serious all i do is put money into it that i could be putting on myself or my sons sports and the jerl that i live with does nothing for it im just tired of it taking up room!i couldnt believe my ears.my girl friend and i took each end of the 55 gallon tank and off we went!so as soon as i find the out the sex ill keep ya posted lol. and let me know about these reptile woodchips things i dont think they are good she gave me a huge bag if they are ok i will use them up if not ill get rid of them!

thanks
Janet

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
wood chips honestly arent suitable for most reptiles, snakes and very few lizard yes but a beardie is not one of them and also it depends on the kind of wood chips you have too...congrats on the new rescue! hope it works out well for you and the dragon =]

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My Vet told me only paper and/reptile carpet should be used. Personally I'd always thought wood chips would be harmful to their little bellies so I've never felt it was appropriate. Unfortunately the Pet Store's don't use this sort of comment sense.

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thanks guys i actually put her on sand i really hate wood chips and i honestly dont think they should be used on beardies!

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wow. Congrats on the new beardie! ;D I think everyone would like some pics quite soon too hmmmm ;)

Latest posts