• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescue?

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This forum has been a tremendous help to me and Dillinger. Anytime I've needed help, you guys have been here for us in full force. Now I have a tough decision to make. I come across a fellow with a Beardie here in town and he asked me over to look at her.

I was floored. She has no UVB, her viv is too small, and made of fence wire, and her temps aren't evenly remotely right. She is gorgeous and has the cutest little face. But she is meaner than a copperhead. She bit the fire out of me. She is extremely cagey. The owner said she is over 3 years old, but Dillinger (7 months) is atleast 6 inches longer. She has a wound on the side of her mouth. My dilemma, would it be worth it to rescue her?

Rescue1.jpg

Rescue2.jpg

Rescue3.jpg

Reacue4.jpg

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would rescue her in a flash! These guys love people, and if you just try your best, she'll get used to you, and her viv doesn't sound too great! I would take her >,<

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes i would go for it.
IF you can afford to that is.
She may need a fecal and meds to start off with plus a whole new setup. But if youre game for that DO IT
With time and patience shell become tame (Mine did)
All and all she seems in pretty good shape and can live a full happy life with you

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
As long as you have the resources I would go for it, she would benefit greatly from an owner like you!
Rescuing is the most rewarding thing, if all goes well and its a smooth recovery, i haven't ran into any problems with my rescue yet but theres always that element of the unknown past of the beardie, good luck!

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm still considering it. I'm going to get her but I'm gonna try to find a Beardie rescue to take her. I can give her the care she needs but I think they can do more for her than I can.

Latest posts