• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescue Beardie :: UPDATE!

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I got my beautiful beardie Willow, on January 29th of this year. Her owner failed to provide adequate care and since she's been part of my family she has gained over a 100 grams! :)
at her first weigh in she was 115 grams and as of today she is 222! I'm so proud of her, she's thriving and catching up on the months of growth that were stunted because of the lack of UVB and good nutrition in her old home, here are some pics from then to now! :D

here she is the night i got her, didn't sleep a wink. I honestly didn't think she'd make it until morning, she was desperately cold and thin

398745_2483246172574_1595211463_31812492_597895290_n.jpg

and here is a recent picture, relaxing with our elderly cat Flo.

260a96x.jpg

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice looking dragon, you've done a great job with the rehab. Thanks for the update :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
She looks beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to help her :)

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks guys it means a lot :) @sunkiss: she was hardly fed anything in her old home, her owner would only feed her live food when he felt like it which would sometimes be once or twice every 2 weeks! all she needed was good staple's and she's perked right up :) so much so that she managed to break her tail :L a crazy few minutes of spring fever a few days ago resulted in this...

425765_2757007976448_1595211463_31890006_72555732_n.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Such a stubborn thing :) Her tail will be better in no time with you helping her along, I'm sure.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I hope so :) i theorise her bones are very weak as she has only had calcium available in her diet and lighting since she's been with me. Her previous owner was arrogant and abusive towards her and i witnessed him pick her up solely by the tip of her tail the day i rescued her, according to him "taking care of a bearded dragon is a piece of p*ss" :( she never even had human contact which saddens me because she adores being snuggled and is the sweetest little cuddle bug i've ever known :)

I have a very heavy heart when i think back to the day i got her and the burden she seemed to impose on this guys life when all she ever wanted was love, a full belly and a warm family to cherish her. I hope i feel better in time but for now i still carry this sadness because i don't want to think of all the cold, dark night's she spent on her own, buried in cold sand with hunger in her belly hoping tomorrow would bring a better day xx

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I hope so :) i theorise her bones are very weak as she has only had calcium available in her diet and lighting since she's been with me. Her previous owner was arrogant and abusive towards her and i witnessed him pick her up solely by the tip of her tail the day i rescued her, according to him "taking care of a bearded dragon is a piece of p*ss" :( she never even had human contact which saddens me because she adores being snuggled and is the sweetest little cuddle bug i've ever known :)

I have a very heavy heart when i think back to the day i got her and the burden she seemed to impose on this guys life when all she ever wanted was love, a full belly and a warm family to cherish her. I hope i feel better in time but for now i still carry this sadness because i don't want to think of all the cold, dark night's she spent on her own, buried in cold sand with hunger in her belly hoping tomorrow would bring a better day xx
Luckily, she found her way to your home and her heart or she probably would not have made it very long. Try not to think back, but to the joys you will and have shared together. It horrifies me to think she was being handled in that fashion as well, no animal should be treated that way! There's a reason I don't raise bugs... I'd squish em. Let those who enjoy their company raise them. He probably got the bearded dragon as a novelty and then realized they were an effort to maintain.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I will try, i'm pretty sure she's not living in the past so why should I. If she's happy and healthy that's all that matters :) she feared him, i could see it in her eyes. It was a look of desperation and complete fear, it comforts me to see she doesn't have that look anymore, she's peaceful.

I think he did get "it" (he didn't even know she was a female) as a novelty, he talked big talk that "she" was aggressive and blackened her beard and bites you when you go to handle her but she's not shown any kind of aggression whilst she's been with me at all. I think he thought he was cool because he had an exotic animal that was big and bad and untameable

Latest posts