• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reptile Tile??

James Edwards

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am currently using paper towels, but I want to switch my Beardie to tile. I looked in Petco, Petsmart, amd a few local exotics shops, and can't find them!! Does anyone know where I can get tile? Maybe online?

Pat B

Super Moderator
I am currently using paper towels, but I want to switch my Beardie to tile. I looked in Petco, Petsmart, amd a few local exotics shops, and can't find them!! Does anyone know where I can get tile? Maybe online?
I bought slate tile at Lowes for pretty cheap. I didn't like the slippery or coated tile....I wanted something that wouldn't make the little beardie slip and slide all over the place. It has worked out well.

Kodieh

Hatchling Dragon
Specifically to answer your question, there is no "reptile" branded tile. Zoomed, Zilla, etc, haven't made a reptile brand like aspen or light bulbs. However, as mentioned above, DIY stores sell tile which is perfectly suited to your needs. :)

Browsing on Tapatalk from my iPhone :)

Dillon Hoopes

Bearded Dragon Egg
I used vynal tile with the sticky back in one of my enclosure I used white on the walls and brown on the floor it looked awsome but the heat got to tiles on the wall and they started falling off and the dragons couldnt get any traction on the tiles when they went after a cricket it looked like a cartoon running in place lol clean up was easy unless u didnt get to it for a few hours and the poop dried it was tough. so I went back to calcium sand it works great for me

Pat B

Super Moderator
I used vynal tile with the sticky back in one of my enclosure I used white on the walls and brown on the floor it looked awsome but the heat got to tiles on the wall and they started falling off and the dragons couldnt get any traction on the tiles when they went after a cricket it looked like a cartoon running in place lol clean up was easy unless u didnt get to it for a few hours and the poop dried it was tough. so I went back to calcium sand it works great for me
Calcium sand is a BIG no-no. You should be using regular in a bag child's play sand. I am sure if you do a search for sand you will find other answers. The poop does dry hard on slate but it just pops off into a paper towel.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Calcium sand is not recommended at all for BDs. It can & will clump when moistened as it would be, if & when it is ingested, during the digestion process. Poses extremely high impaction risks & has been rated as one of THE most unsafe substrates for BDs. Here is a pic of an X-Ray of a BD impacted with Calci-Sand for example, more like a rock with legs.

impaction01.jpg

Dillon Hoopes

Bearded Dragon Egg
wow that x-ray looks horrable I had no clue it could impact like that all my adults are in calcium sand my babies and juvies are on paper...although I have not had a problem with it yet but i will be replacing it asap thanks for the info guys.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
germ is right calci sand is bad, i know my bearded dragon died from it.....:(
I understand now why you have a hard time with sand. Believe me when I say calci sand and play sand are two completely different beasts. Calci sand is awful.

Vincent

Hatchling Dragon
ya i know im talking about calci sand..... germ was explaining how its bab...and im telling everyone that my bearded dragon died from......saying that germ is right:)

Latest posts