• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Repeatedly flexing her beard

granulated_stardust

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I have a 6 month old bearded dragon and sometimes she'll randomly flex her beard repeatedly while she's in her tank or when I approach her. It's not a full on puff, her beards not dark, and she doesn't seem to be particularly upset. If anything she just kind of looks like a frog croaking lol. I was just curious if anyone knew why she does that ot if I am possibly upsetting her without realizing.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I have a 6 month old bearded dragon and sometimes she'll randomly flex her beard repeatedly while she's in her tank or when I approach her. It's not a full on puff, her beards not dark, and she doesn't seem to be particularly upset. If anything she just kind of looks like a frog croaking lol. I was just curious if anyone knew why she does that ot if I am possibly upsetting her without realizing.
Shed is coming on and they are stretching the beard --- it is normal --- mine do it when they are getting ready to shed --

granulated_stardust

Bearded Dragon Egg
She does it even post shed too though, its really not a full on stretch like when she's about to shed. Just looks like hiccups almost

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She does it even post shed too though, its really not a full on stretch like when she's about to shed. Just looks like hiccups almost
Does it look like a hiccup? How big are the insects are you feeding? you dont want anything bigger than the space between her eyes-- if you can get a video of her doing this

granulated_stardust

Bearded Dragon Egg
Does it look like a hiccup? How big are the insects are you feeding? you dont want anything bigger than the space between her eyes-- if you can get a video of her doing this
It looks like a hiccup but I know they can't hiccup, it's barely noticeable tbh. Her bugs aren't too big and I'll try to get a video but she's definitely a camera shy dragon

Latest posts