• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reflection

Denise Keith

Bearded Dragon Egg
So.... I think my beardie is stressing over seeing herself. She has been scratching the sides and watching herself. And her belly and beard have the black lines. So I put up paper in the back and sides so she couldn't we herself and now I think that is stressing her. She keeps hiding under her rock. Should I take the paper off? Or leave it on?? But all this has not affected her eating or going to the bathroom. And when I get her out she is still very active.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi - how old is she? any kind of change CAN stress them - some more than others. some just take it in stride. If I were you I think I would leave the paper in place for a bit and see if she stops scratching. it may not be her reflection which is bothering her - maybe she wants out ?? black lines are not necessarily bad. she may be cold - how's your temps? love on her a bit to re-assure her that she's safe - maybe leave a worn t-shirt in her viv with her for a few days (one that has your scent on it - no after shave or cologne smells, please) let us know how she does ----

Denise Keith

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi - how old is she? any kind of change CAN stress them - some more than others. some just take it in stride. If I were you I think I would leave the paper in place for a bit and see if she stops scratching. it may not be her reflection which is bothering her - maybe she wants out ?? black lines are not necessarily bad. she may be cold - how's your temps? love on her a bit to re-assure her that she's safe - maybe leave a worn t-shirt in her viv with her for a few days (one that has your scent on it - no after shave or cologne smells, please) let us know how she does ----
She is about 8-10 weeks old. I have had her for 2 weeks. My temp is saying 96. Should it be more?? I haven't changed anything since I got her. She did just finished shedding, could that be it?? And she seems to hiding a bit more than she did.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, you should have 3 seperate temperatures, the air temp at the hot end, the cool end and temp of its basking spot. You will need an IR gun type themometer to get this data (they are pretty cheap to buy).You shoud be aiming for ,hot end 85-95, cool end 70-80 and a basking spot at 100-115. This range of temperatures and mix of lights is essential for growth and digestion, so its worth getting it as close as you can.
She will get over changes in the tank pretty quickly, some do hide a lot, but they should also be doing a lot of basking at her age. Its not something you need to worry about though.

Denise Keith

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, you should have 3 seperate temperatures, the air temp at the hot end, the cool end and temp of its basking spot. You will need an IR gun type themometer to get this data (they are pretty cheap to buy).You shoud be aiming for ,hot end 85-95, cool end 70-80 and a basking spot at 100-115. This range of temperatures and mix of lights is essential for growth and digestion, so its worth getting it as close as you can.
She will get over changes in the tank pretty quickly, some do hide a lot, but they should also be doing a lot of basking at her age. Its not something you need to worry about though.
Ok great!!! Thank you!!

Latest posts