• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reena, my new beardie

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Recently, i bought a baby beardie from tnd dragons, which i HIGHLY reccomend. I named her Reena, and she is just adorable and hyper. this morning i had her on my hand petting her and she jumped up onto my face! lol I laughed so darn hard and when i told my sister about it. That beardie has so much energy! and spikes viv is next to hers and reena will try with all of her might to get his attention lol. Thats all, but i will post pics soon!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats on Reena! How exciting to have another dragon! Babies are soooo comical.

Just be careful if they can see each other. As you know, housing beardies is not good. And having them in plain site of each other can have the same ramifications as putting them in the same viv.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
Congrats on Reena! How exciting to have another dragon! Babies are soooo comical.

Yes, congrats!

Just be careful if they can see each other. As you know, housing beardies is not good. And having them in plain site of each other can have the same ramifications as putting them in the same viv.

This is so true. Sam and Frodo are within site of each other though they ARE about 20 feet apart, but I can't do anything about it right now. I noticed a change in them after a while. Frodo would get super stressed out, blackbeard and run all over his enclosure. He'd headbob, stomp his feet and be so distracted by her that he wouldn't eat. Sam was affected, too. She started laying sterile, non-fertilized eggs for 5 months straight. Since then, I've had to add curtains to the fronts of their enclosures to keep them from seeing each other. I close one set one day and open the others. Then alternate the next. I hate that I have to do this, but it's my own fault. I can't move either one (Frodo's is in the wall and Sam's is so big I can't put it anywhere else at the moment). Frodo is still affected by it at times today. Seems his memory is really good. He knows exactly where she is and still keeps an eye on her enclosure at all times. Sometimes even blackbearding a bit and giving a slight headbob....just in case she can see him. LOL!

I have to take special precautions with feeding him, now....and I'm hoping I can change this, soon. However, it's due to my own ignorance, so I'm making sure I take the proper (and responsible) steps in seeing that he gets what he needs (water, food and supplements). He basks on his own and gets plenty of rest. So I know he's doing well. His stress level is so much better these days....and Sam has yet to lay another clutch of eggs in over 5 months. So I think it's working.

So don't do what I did....and take care of this before things get out of control for you. I'd put a divider between the two tanks. Something like a piece of paperboard or something. Just be sure it's opaque so they can't see each other. You might even consider putting them in separate rooms. In the long run, you'll appreciate it.

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I will go up and put cardboard in beetween their vivs. ty for the tips guys!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You are quite welcome. Glad to hear you will be making them non-visible to each other.

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yep! i gotta make sure that they stay good, happy, and of course, healthy!

Latest posts