• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Redness Under Both Eyes

Connor Trulli

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all,

My fiancée and I have a year old zero bearded dragon. Happy little man he is. He is solid white and has been very heathy the last year we have had him.

This afternoon we noticed that he has significant red marks under both of his eyes. Has anyone else experienced this before? From what I have read on line, some say it could be parasites'. But we have no way of telling. His apatite, mood and every day actions have not changed at all.

Any advice here would help. We might bring him to the vet this weekend if we can.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello all,

My fiancée and I have a year old zero bearded dragon. Happy little man he is. He is solid white and has been very heathy the last year we have had him.

This afternoon we noticed that he has significant red marks under both of his eyes. Has anyone else experienced this before? From what I have read on line, some say it could be parasites'. But we have no way of telling. His apatite, mood and every day actions have not changed at all.

Any advice here would help. We might bring him to the vet this weekend if we can.
Please post a pic of the dragon and issue at hand -- we need the vet tech on here to take a look --- also go over the UVB your using coil or a long tube fixture and the brand of the basking bulb --- sometimes they can cause eye issues depending on what your using ---- you want a solid clear bright white bulb and NO colored bulbs at ALL

Connor Trulli

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please post a pic of the dragon and issue at hand -- we need the vet tech on here to take a look --- also go over the UVB your using coil or a long tube fixture and the brand of the basking bulb --- sometimes they can cause eye issues depending on what your using ---- you want a solid clear bright white bulb and NO colored bulbs at ALL

Attachments

• 5EAE55BE-99E3-48D1-AAE9-CFF914EDC614.jpeg
    5EAE55BE-99E3-48D1-AAE9-CFF914EDC614.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

Connor Trulli

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I don’t remember the exact brand anymore but it is a white light - absolutely no color. We knew having a zero would have careful temps and bulbs. Another note is that we thought he was compacted the past 2-3 days so we did a mix of prune juice and olive oil as well as pumpkin from an organic baby food brand. We have a vet apt Monday but worried that may be too far away. Any suggestions help, thanks soo much!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
that looks like shed-- he looks good - sometimes eyes will swell when shedding as well - it stretches the skin out

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, I don’t remember the exact brand anymore but it is a white light - absolutely no color. We knew having a zero would have careful temps and bulbs. Another note is that we thought he was compacted the past 2-3 days so we did a mix of prune juice and olive oil as well as pumpkin from an organic baby food brand. We have a vet apt Monday but worried that may be too far away. Any suggestions help, thanks soo much!
Let the dragon go on his own --- w/ the baby food pumpkin he will eventually go --- the UVB is a coil or a long tube fixture these UVB bulbs have certain placement and distance they need to be--- brand and bulb please this will be determined by your screen --- you DO NOT WANT a enema done on the dragon ---- too risky

Latest posts