• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Red spots between scales

Natz1007

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I’m after some advice, my small beardie is around 4 month old, eating well growing well shedding and very active! But we have noticed some small red dots between scales just wondering if anyone has any ideas what it is, I did presume mites, took everything out disinfected everything! Swapped substrate to paper towels for easy clean and to be able to see if the old substrate was the issue (was big wood chip) iv attached a photo of his/her underbelly to show as it’s the most clear …. Any advise welcome! (He/she is shedding too if that makes any difference at all)

Attachments

• 6373D555-0759-4E22-8CB5-30E0E39B03B2.jpeg
    6373D555-0759-4E22-8CB5-30E0E39B03B2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi I’m after some advice, my small beardie is around 4 month old, eating well growing well shedding and very active! But we have noticed some small red dots between scales just wondering if anyone has any ideas what it is, I did presume mites, took everything out disinfected everything! Swapped substrate to paper towels for easy clean and to be able to see if the old substrate was the issue (was big wood chip) iv attached a photo of his/her underbelly to show as it’s the most clear …. Any advise welcome! (He/she is shedding too if that makes any difference at all)
I had a feeling it was mites - so I asked someone who would know and this is what she said
It could be residue from the wood chips but it's more likely to be mites that were living in the wood chips. I've never had to deal with mites but if you Google that topic you'll get some ideas on what to do.

Natz1007

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thankyou I
I had a feeling it was mites - so I asked someone who would know and this is what she said
It could be residue from the wood chips but it's more likely to be mites that were living in the wood chips. I've never had to deal with mites but if you Google that topic you'll get some ideas on what to do.
have had a google and started the proses for mite treatment 2 days ago (cleaning viv daily, disinfecting all decorations and bowls, bathing him/her and I’m off to get some more repellent spray for him/her tomorrow also taken all wood out completely and only using paper towels for the bottom of the viv for now) Thankyou for your reply

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thankyou I

have had a google and started the proses for mite treatment 2 days ago (cleaning viv daily, disinfecting all decorations and bowls, bathing him/her and I’m off to get some more repellent spray for him/her tomorrow also taken all wood out completely and only using paper towels for the bottom of the viv for now) Thankyou for your reply
Ok sounds good if you need anymore help please ask--