• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Red/blood in adult beardie's poop?

VivaLaRobo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

My beardie is a 3 year old female. She has had some digestion issues in the past (parasites) but is all clear now. We recently took her to the vet to get checked out and they sampled her poop. They said everything looked fine and she didn't have any parasites, but I should try feeding her baby food mixed with "Ox Bow Critical Care" food to help with digestion.

We have been doing so for the past 3 weeks now and she seemed to be ok. Until today when she pooped and this was the result:

7pHBNZa.jpg

I am not sure what the red part is. It appears to have some blood in it. None of the food we have given her had any red or orange pigment so I don't think it's from that. Could it be anything else? I am a bit concerned.

VivaLaRobo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Edit: some of the baby food has mashed up sweet potato and butter nut squash which are more orange colored.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That could just be the poop. Sometimes between the poop and the urate there is a orangish color piece. Just keep an eye on it. Was the vet an exotic vet? Baby food isn't great to feed them because of all salts and sugars and other additives to keep it in that little jar. I would make my own baby food with the greens that she would normally eat. It's easy to just take some collards/mustards/dandelion greens and blend them up in a Nutribullet or blender and add your own additives like calcium and a multivitamin. I would also get a probiotic to help her with her tummy issues. They sell reptile specific stuff at bearded dragon.co or bugdelite.com

Latest posts