• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recently added Ender to the family. This is the enclosure we have. Checking to see if we went in the right direction. Have had some conflicting advice

Ender

Bearded Dragon Egg
Have a solar glo 125w bulb and a 100 w infrared basking bulb in a thrive dual dome 150w. In addition to an Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B 12%. Warm side is 96 and cool side is 80.

We have had Ender for 2 days. Eats well active enjoys being held. Eating 10 calcium dusted crickets a day and some greens and we have some dehydrated flower this afternoon that Ender has shown no interest in. But a friend suggested it figured why not try.

Happy to switch out change anything in anyway. Our first bearded. I had one as a kid but my parents took care of it. So my first as the sole care provider. Eager to do it right.

Appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0287.jpeg
    IMG_0287.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0288.jpeg
    IMG_0288.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0281.jpeg
    IMG_0281.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Have a solar glo 125w bulb and a 100 w infrared basking bulb in a thrive dual dome 150w. In addition to an Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B 12%. Warm side is 96 and cool side is 80.

We have had Ender for 2 days. Eats well active enjoys being held. Eating 10 calcium dusted crickets a day and some greens and we have some dehydrated flower this afternoon that Ender has shown no interest in. But a friend suggested it figured why not try.

Happy to switch out change anything in anyway. Our first bearded. I had one as a kid but my parents took care of it. So my first as the sole care provider. Eager to do it right.

Appreciate any help.

Thank you.
The tank looks very nice-- word of warning about the Solar Glo bulb -- have had some dragons w/ eye issues w/ these - they are a good heat source but I am leary of these bulbs- w/ the Pro T 5 you dont need the Solar Glo - what is the screen on your tank a fine mesh or a wide hole type - the screen is going to block 30% of the rays - the surface basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer please get a reading on the spot where the dragon sits for basking-- hes going thru location stress so his eating is going to be off - we need to get your UVB correctly placed and those surface basking temps on par so he will adjust more quickly to his surroundings and the tank -- when his appetite picks up hes going to be eating at least 20-25 crickets per feeding -- its good hes eating his salads -- the calcium D3 should be dusted on his insect 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated -- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated -- I would get him some BSFL and add those to the tops of his salads www.symtonbsf.com order large do not dust them they are a calcium enriched larvae -- you might want to get his some dubia roaches as well - order the size NO bigger than the space between his eyes - you will need a bowl like this to keep the BSFL in they are a great staple feeder and good compliment to your other insect your feeding so feed as many as you want https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info its outdated and a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
you also need a digital probe hygrometer I recommend one that is hygrometer only not a combo one w/ temp
https://dubiaroaches.com/products/exo-terra-digital-hygrometer?_pos=1&_sid=ac857912b&_ss=r
Please get two digital probe thermometers as well one for your cools side of the tank and one for the hot side - temps in the tank should be 105-110 surface basking -- 100 ambient hot side or around that temp 90's middle of the tank and 80ish cool side

Latest posts