• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rearranged Iggy's man cave..

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello everyone, been a while but i am back for more guidance.. Its been over a year with Iggy's tank arranged the same way.. So i thought it would be an change of pace for Iggs if i switched it up a little bit.. I left his hammocks in the same place but changed out his main piece of wood & his hide..
Almost immediately after putting him back in his tank, he voiced his displeasure by turning his beard black & giving me the evil eye.. His lights went out & he fell asleep..
As soon as Iggy woke up this morning, he looked around & seemed to remember that he was pissed & turned his beard black again. I take him out & calm him down but as soon as i put him back in, he turns black.
Did i do a bad thing? Should i put it all back? Or give him time?
20130705_135905.jpg

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
To him, yep. He really does look displeased with the change. Sometimes, changing things on him makes him feel bad and he think he's in a new environment even if he's in a familiar surroundings. I tried changing Allie's tank around. It didn't work because she got black and gave me the evil eye that's so infamous to bearded dragon owners every where. She doesn't miss her hammock because it broke. (She barely used it anyway.)

Pat B

Super Moderator
Beardies don't like change unless it is absolutely necessary for their own good. He will get used to the change eventually and I would let him be for a few days so he can used to the changes. I rarely change things around in my tank. Spike knows where everything so why change it?? :D

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
He was very noticeably upset for 2 days straight. I switched everything back. I am so amazed every time he does something like this to communicate with me. Every single time hes done something out of the ordinary, it was something he was upset about & he let me know! I love it. We've developed a nice relationship, i serve him unconditionally & he lets me!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol. Sounds like he's got you trained well. :D LOL

My baby and I communicate by body language and she grins when she's happy and frowns when she's upset or angry. (Even her colors show me her moods.) And when they're ill, I think you can tell by their stress marks on their body and their beards. (She's happy and watching me type right now.)

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thats awesome! Im still learning about Iggy every day. Yesterday was the first time ive ever seen him wave his arm. He kinda freaked out on me lol.. I have this great piece of wood that i want him to try so i put it in there next to his log.. He went nuts immediately. I took it right out. But i think its hilarious that he just told me to get out & quit messing with his house lol! I got a pic of him yelling at me..
20130707_151054_17887.jpg
Im just going to leave him alone now. Hes had that log since he was a baby (my avatar is him as a baby on his log the 1st day he came home) it makes me feel good to know i made him a home he likes & doesn't want it to change.

Latest posts