• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Really worried about Lia

Wellovelizards

Hatchling Dragon
So after lst nights romp fest..I was stunned to come home today and find Lia very dark grey and sitting in the coldest (74degrees) part of her viv and has not moved in 2 hours. I thought she was dead til I touched her and she opened her eyes. Please tell me what I should do for her?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'd just leave her be. She was darker because she was cooler, darkening to absorb more heat. Maybe set her on her basking spot once, if she returns to the cooler area shortly after that on her own, that is where she wants to be. They know what/where they want to be better than we do, at any given time. This is not uncommon. I see no reason for concern unless there is a very noticeable weight loss. Better yet, if you have a Kitchen scale, track her weight that way.

Wellovelizards

Hatchling Dragon
Thank u so much. She is staying on her basking spot for now, after I put her there. Wow there is so much...I feel so lost and I got really scared. I can't thank u enough for your quick response. If u think of anything else I should try I will be happy to. Don't own a kitchen scale but I will tomorrow.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You should try to bump up those cool areas of the viv 5-10 degrees. This may mean adding another fixture with a lower wattage bulb.

Wellovelizards

Hatchling Dragon
Basking. Temp is 107 I have two 75 watt bulbs one over basking and one over deeper end of viv. I will up wattage on that one and see what I get. She has been great today. Thanks for your help

Latest posts