• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rash?

CMahoney

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie hasn't been quite himself lately. He still eats every time I offer him food but I have noticed he has been getting a very late start to the day and is just not as active as he normally is. I took him out today and realized he has some sort of rash on his underside by his back legs. Has anyone seen anything like this before? I am sure this will more than likely require a visit to the vet but was just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this.
IMG_0215.JPG

CMahoney

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so after further research it seems that these are just femoral pores. I swear that this is the first time I have seen them though. Can anyone confirm this?

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes thats what they are. A warm soak and gently squeeze them its kind of like a black head on us

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Lol. Ive heard of people doing it when they get swollen. Only if its real bad. If its not swollen i would just leave them be maybe they will come out by themselfs. When they do get real swollen thats all the vets do is "pop" them. Ive seen a few of them on a facebook group that had them real swollen. Some say it takes a bit to actually get it out. Soak and squeeze soak and squeeze. Unless you dont feel up to it you can always call the vet see what they recommend.

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
I squeezed my boys out this past weekend,nothing to it,like everyone has said,warm soak.i took Si outside after soak for some sun and he let me lift one leg at a time and pop them,its just dry waxy stuff..good luck:)

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
You can even use a soft toothbrush while he's soaking and that seems to loosen them up,but when it comes out there are holes there,so make sure to keep them clean,no sand it will get in the holes,they close back up in couple days..

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
It's nothing patsyb! I was freakin out at first till I just pushed a little bit,just like popping a pimple,but not as gross! He didn't seem to mind,I assume if it hurt him he would have tried to get away,but he just sat there like it was nothing..he only had 3 on one leg and 2 on the other that needed it,you can tell by feeling if they need it or not.if they are smooth and not swollen don't mess with them..

Latest posts