• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rankin Dragon Lawsons Dragon Question

reptileaddictions

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Pogona brevis or Pogona henrylawsoni , I hope I picked the right section. I dont know where this best fit.
Years ago I used to breed Rankins. I had adults that had coloring in them. It became a major discussion on Fauna that they were considered to not be "pure" Rankin, but generations before mixed with Bearded Dragon. I sold all mine, even my breeders.
Now years later I aquired a female. (no color). I have been looking to purchase more for almost a year. I found someone who was selling a adult male and 7 babies. I saw pics on kingsnake. The seller said they were new from a UK bloodline. I purchased the adult male, and one baby. When I recieved them I noticed a different head structure on the adult than any Rankin I have ever had. He has fatty side jowles on his neck and he is able to portrude his lover neck- just like how Bearded Dragons push out their beard. It is my understanding that Rankins dont have the cartiledge in their necks to be able to do this. My concern is that I have yet again aquired some "Drankins".
Can anyone direct me to a site that would better explain the neck makeup of the 2, or someone who is an expert? At the bottom of the page on my website I am posting the first 2 pictures of my adult female. She looks like all the other Rankins I have had except no color. The 2nd 2 pictures are the male in question. The baby is 2 inches, so I am unable to tell yet, but supposedly from the same bloodlines as the adult male.
http://www.freewebs.com/rivercityreptiles/availabledragons.htm
Thank you for your help.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Re: Rakin Dragon Lawsons Dragon Question

Contact Heidi at calientedragons.com she breeds Rankins so she should be able to offer you some insight.

reptileaddictions

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

Unfortunatly she is newer to the Rankin breeding and isn't aware of the differences I am talking about. Thanks though.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

that was my only suggestion sorry i couldnt help.

chucks parents

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm new to this, but I read some info on Lawson Dragons on a websit for a lizard ranch here in Arizona. It's not much, but they do say if you want more info to contact them. Maybe they can help. Don't know, but seem like nice people when I spoke to them about beardies.

www.atomiclizardranch.net.

Chuck and Razz's Mommy.

reptileaddictions

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
This has turned into a business transaction argument. That was NOT the topic of my first post, and I will not continue it here. The appropriate place for this is BOI, and that is where I will reply.

Link removed by Administrator due to lack of forum relevance.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is ashamed. I really think this is being handled inappropriately but i do thank you for not bashing the party involved here.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
nope you did not. this became a pissing contest between two people over something that can not be proven on either end.

chucks parents

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok thanks... I in no way want to get involved or start a problem. This forum has been of incredible help to me and the last thing I want to do is offend someone.... Thanks again for making me feel better....

Latest posts