• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ramp for a bearded dragon?

Kodieh

Hatchling Dragon
I want to make a ramp and ledge system. The only thing I can't figure out is making traction for the dragon on the ramp. I was thinking like felt or indoor/outdoor carpet but possibly reptile carpet? I think the in/out carpet would be cleanable in case it was pooped on but I'm just not sure.

Any thoughts?

Browsing on Tapatalk from my iPhone :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Critter carpet or something like that would work or you could just rough up the texture of the ramp so they can get their little claws in and grab hold.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Everything you mentioned, unless it is removable, would be very difficult to keep clean, BDs aren't all that particular at times, just where they drop their waste. Sealed Grout or a thick, multiple coats of non toxic paint with fine sand mixed in would work.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What about trying to use a type of sand paper? Plus it will keep the beardies nails short too, lol.

Reactions: NLC

Kodieh

Hatchling Dragon
I read somewhere that someone used silicone and aquarium grade gravel. Rey laid down the silicone andrew dropped the gravel on it to make a nice even coat of it.

However, the sand paper could be a nice option. Easy and cheap to replace.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Silicone will quite possibly peel after a short time of use, posing an ingestion\impaction risk. Not something I would recommend.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
Rather than ledges making a bridge is quite simple and serves as a nice resting post for any BD my girl Willow loves her small animal bridge! they're relatively inexpensive and really easy to hoist up using screw in eyes and hooks!
557234_2861684353292_363272278_n.jpg

Pat B

Super Moderator
What is that big thing on the bottom right side? Looks very interesting. Do you like the sand substrate? It looks really natural. I have slate tile but thinking about going to sand when Spike is bigger. :cool: and....is that a live plant you have in the corner?

Kodieh

Hatchling Dragon
Haha, then liquid cement? I'm not sure how I can go about this without messing with grout and sealer.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
What is that big thing on the bottom right side? Looks very interesting. Do you like the sand substrate? It looks really natural. I have slate tile but thinking about going to sand when Spike is bigger. :cool: and....is that a live plant you have in the corner?

the big thing is a chunk of bark, and yes that is sand substrate - but children's play sand from toys r us - no calci sand!
my beardie is full grown so i chose sand, i wouldn't recommend it until full grown :) and the plant is a fake ornament

Latest posts