• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quick question on Traveling

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
I will be headed home soon with my BD from Florida to New Mexico. Do you guys have any sugestion on how you have transported them. Can you fly with them or do you have to ship them.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If Paris Hilton can shove a tiny dog in a purse & jet all around the globe, you should be able to the same with your dragon. But I really don't have a clue, sorry.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would check with the airline & see what animals can be considered carry ons, if any. Might be restricted to Service Animals.

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
check with the airline, but I would guess as long as you can have your BD in something that can fit on your lap or under the seat you should be fine.

I travel with my BD up and down the east coast in the car. I usually put a handwarmer wrapped in a wash-cloth to keep his carrier warm-ish

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah I have been calling around and looking online and so far no go. They tell me they take birds, dogs, and cats. I was on hold for like 1hr 30min to hear that. the first ladie I told her I needed my BD Lizard needed to fly with me and she asked me what type of dog that was. then she continued to try to figure out what a lizard dog was and what it looked like.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah I have been calling around and looking online and so far no go. They tell me they take birds, dogs, and cats. I was on hold for like 1hr 30min to hear that. the first ladie I told her I needed my BD Lizard needed to fly with me and she asked me what type of dog that was. then she continued to try to figure out what a lizard dog was and what it looked like.
People are so dumb :(

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Awww I hope you find an answer, I ended up calling the "captian" of the plane, and asking if it was alright with him; he said yes and said to call him when I reached the area where they "check" your bags, so I put daryl down in her carrier and they automatically said she wasn't allowed aboard and so I called and he spoke to them from my phone. So I had daryl with me from Los Angeles to Phoenix in no time :)

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
Awww I hope you find an answer, I ended up calling the "captian" of the plane, and asking if it was alright with him; he said yes and said to call him when I reached the area where they "check" your bags, so I put daryl down in her carrier and they automatically said she wasn't allowed aboard and so I called and he spoke to them from my phone. So I had daryl with me from Los Angeles to Phoenix in no time :)

How did you get ahold of the captain.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
How did you get ahold of the captain.
I called the airlines and said I was uncomfortable without knowing who the pilot was yadda yadda yadda; I went through a bunch to get a hold of him. But my main source was a friend who was a pilot and he knew the guy I guess

Josh&Bowser

Hatchling Dragon
oh ok. I will be leaving this tuesday I want to take him with me but i dont think it will work. So I think I will have to ship him.

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just keep calling and trying your best; shipping its one of the most stressful things for a dragon.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sucks to hear you're getting so much trouble with this...
Keep us updated on what you decide to do so that others have some good info when they need to travel with their dragon

Latest posts