• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The other day I had to move Wally off his hammock to clean his poop. He decided to poop on his hammock instead of his poop spot!

I picked him up and bumped the top of his head on the grated top of his enclosure and today I noticed a spot on his head where the scale is missing.

Should I put anything on it? I've got manuka honey and Neosporin. I've got aloe Vera gel I can put in his bath tonight.

I feel awful! Did this hurt him??

17db1ebff379afcb637e06cf74bb60ad.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol Yep that's their 3rd eye or parietal eye that's what senses shadows from above..

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yes mam that is his 3rd eye. Random note, when I was little my family had iguanas and when my mom would talk about their 3rd eye I use to think they could literally see out of it lol. I would wave to them from above like "hey girls, I know you see me" lol.

But anyways, your little guy is just fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes mam that is his 3rd eye. Random note, when I was little my family had iguanas and when my mom would talk about their 3rd eye I use to think they could literally see out of it lol. I would wave to them from above like "hey girls, I know you see me" lol.

But anyways, your little guy is just fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome!! lol

Latest posts