• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question: Where are you keeping your feeder bugs?

Frogb0i

Bearded Dragon Egg
My little 6m old baby beardie came home today.

I do have an elderly cat and she doesnt sleep in my room at night anyway (where the beardie's viv is)

atm i've put the cricket tub in my bedroom, but their quite loud and i can hear them with the door closed in the lounge.

My issue is, if I was to put them in the kitchen it would intrigue the cat too much, and if I put them up too high I will struggle to reach them daily. i have a cabinet under the viv, but that is still them in my bedroom being loud.

Where is everyone else keeping theres?

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
So I would 100% recommend dubia roaches, if they are permitted in your location. Better overall nutritional value, way better gut load. They don't make noises, they live longer than crickets and can't climb smooth surfaces. Plus they won't bite your beardie.

But if you are doing crickets, make sure it's secure just 1 of them gets out you will hear chirping forever.... I'd say somewhere not in your direct living space if you can, just make sure wherever isn't too cold or too hot.

Latest posts