• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question on UVB

madchiller85

Hatchling Dragon
I have an arcadia 12% UVB light. Should I place it inside the tank or in a reflective fixture mounted over the screen on top of the tank? If I mount it inside the tank, should I keep the reflective hood on the fixture? I currently have it mounted inside the tank without the reflective hood, but I'm not sure this is the correct way to do it.

madchiller85

Hatchling Dragon
It should be noted that the tank is 18 inches high. I have the UVB postioned 15 inches over the basking location.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It NEEDS reflector, otherwise ur uvb is bouncing all around the place, you want it directed downward, and in my opinion the uvb should always go inside the enclosure, even large holes can obstruct the uvb up to a certain %

Latest posts