• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question on the cool side?

Lucas791

Hatchling Dragon
If my temperatures reach where they should do I need extra lighting on the cool side? His basking bulb is a 100W repti sun uvb UVA and it gets his bridge to about 105 easy 6 inchs away, thanks for any and all help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've never used extra lighting on my cool side.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
On a tank that size I would not. On a longer one say 48"+ I would. But thats just me.

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I use a strip light for UVB and the basking light.
uploadfromtaptalk1406577007774.jpg

As for me as long as you have the right temps and uva, uvb id think you should be fine. If you did use another light I dont see how it would hurt anything as long as it dont change the temps. A standard low Wat compact florescent would work for example.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
As long as your temp on the cool side doesn't get below 65 you are okay without a light there.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with PatsyB. I have a hot side of 104-105 degrees F and a cool side Temp of 85 degrees F. I took a reading and logged it.

Devildoc

Hatchling Dragon
If my temperatures reach where they should do I need extra lighting on the cool side? His basking bulb is a 100W repti sun uvb UVA and it gets his bridge to about 105 easy 6 inchs away, thanks for any and all help.
Not on that with unless you just want to have a better view you could use a t8 aquarium 50/50 bulb no heat, just a light for viewing but IMO for a tank that size I wouldn't add anything

Latest posts