• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

question about parasites

DragonLover1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi just wandering if it could be possible that a dragon can have parasites even tho there still active and alert. I find it werid how safira is one minute pooing normal then pooing white urates with alot of liquid, She has also got low appetite. I'm thinking of worming her i wander if we can get para zap here in australia. Should i give it more time before rushing in and getting para zap and treating her. Heres a picture of what i'm talking about all the liquid dryed up.
BILD0100.jpg

Look at this picture of Safira i know i can tell by looking at her eyes that she is frighten.
BILD0094.jpg

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If i remember right, she's young and still getting accustomed to your home, handling and her enclosure right?
If that's so, then it's rather normal for her poop to be a little off. Stress from those factors listed causes the coccidia level to rise, thus affecting the solidity of feces as the oocysts are shed in waste matter. If she's acting rather normally, eating well and showing no signs of dehydration or lethargy I wouldn't treat her at this time. I might consider running a fecal for simple parasites, but wouldn't necessarily treat a coccidia count.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with LadyKnight. However, I know you are extremely concerned based on your various posts. For peace of mind, you may want to consider having a fecal test performed. Like I indicated, they are inexpensive and will let you know if parasites are present.

Another thought is that when a beardie gets sick and shows the signs, it is usually well into the sickness and not something that just occurred.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
when a beardie gets sick and shows the signs, it is usually well into the sickness and not something that just occurred.

I definately salute that statement. Most wait till they're skin and bones, barely breathing before they think they should act. So it's good that you're noticing these things before that happens. Good Job!

btw...............we need one of those "thumbs up" little smiley ppl. ;)

Tigger.gif

Latest posts