• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

QueenElizardbethII

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone, I’m wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to help my beardie go to the bathroom. She has not pooped in a few weeks and I’m very worried for her health. I’ve called the vet but I can’t get her in for another week and a half. I’ve tried giving her warm baths, giving her exercise... nothing seems to be working. Her tank set up is right (temperature wise) and she has no loose substrate. I’ve seen videos of some people giving their beardie baby food (like prunes) and mixing it with honey and vegetable oil... but I read vegetable oil is also not the best for them. I do plan on keeping her appointment and bringing her to the vet, I was just wondering if anyone had some advice on how to help her in the meantime. Thanks in advance:)

BeardiesForever49

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,
I'll go out and let you know that you are doing the right thing! You can give Mrs. Queen Elizardbeth 3-4 drops of OLIVE oil per day, along with 1/2-1 teaspoons of baby food. (1/2 tsp. for baby and 1 tsp. for adult) I recommend continuing the baths, make sure her basking light has enough watts. Definitely do not give Vegetable oil though. :) Let us all know how Elizardbeth is after a few days. I hope this helped you :) :) :)

natashag08

Bearded Dragon Egg
I find the warm bath and gentle belly massage works really well for my beardie. Just a gentle stroke from the top of his belly to the bottom and long as they'll tolerate it.

QueenElizardbethII

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,
I'll go out and let you know that you are doing the right thing! You can give Mrs. Queen Elizardbeth 3-4 drops of OLIVE oil per day, along with 1/2-1 teaspoons of baby food. (1/2 tsp. for baby and 1 tsp. for adult) I recommend continuing the baths, make sure her basking light has enough watts. Definitely do not give Vegetable oil though. :) Let us all know how Elizardbeth is after a few days. I hope this helped you :) :) :)
Yes thank you so much this helped a ton!

Latest posts