• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Psyllium husk powder?

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Has anyone ever used Psyllium husk powder to help normalize their beardies bowel movements? Is it okay to use, did it work?
Its a natural remedy so I'm inclined to think its okay and they sell it on beardeddragon.co.
Any input on this is appreciated. thanks.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
must must must be used with lots of water. otherwise he will get impacted. natural doesn't always mean safe. as Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory said : poison ivy is natural but ----

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I use a probiotic occasionally for mine. I got it from beardeddragon.co I like to use it when they seem a little off or they are on meds for something.

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im using a probiotic right now. Been sprinkling it on her veggies that she eats twice a day every day. It doesn't seem to be helping quite like id hoped. She's taking baytril right now for a respiratory infection. How much probiotic should she be getting daily do you think?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I do one meal a day dusted everyday during treatment. I use 1/8th of a tsp.

Latest posts