• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Proper heating

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
according to the care sheet provided to me by the breeder I bought my beardie from, for a baby the temperature in the basking light should be between 105 and 110 degrees and on the cool side it should be between 90 and 95. My temperatures are 100 in the basking light and 80 on the cool side.. should I get another dome light with a less intense lightbulb to bring the temp up on the cool side? What do you guys suggest?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
80-85 is usually the recommended range for cool side temps. You're doing good!

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
*update*

I moved my basking spot up and now it sits 9 1/2 in from the heat lamp, but it's still only reading 102... I used my temp gun at about 3 in away from the rock... does this mean I'm going to have to buy a stronger bulb? The one I have is 75 watts....

Latest posts