• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Prolapse or sperm plug?

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I gave Kratos a bath about 4 days ago and afterward there was a whitish-yellow thing about 1/4" long sticking out so I put him back in the bath and he sucked it back up his vent. Same thing happened today after he pooped (he likes to poop in the bath) only he won't retract it this time. The temps here are -15 outside so I can't transport him and I moved so the nearest vet is almost an hour out. I tried to massage the base of his tale gently for a bit but it didn't do anything (he looked like he felt relaxed though). Any advice, PLEASE HELP! He's freaking me out. He also hasn't had much of an appetite the past few days but I think its probably due to the season. He's now basking comfortably like there's nothing wrong.

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Update on this issue: This was indeed a sperm plug and not a prolapse. Today in the bath 2 plugs were released when he pooped. If anyone is interested in what they look like feel free to respond and I can post a pic (but they are gross). I am very relieved that they are gone and I think Kratos is feeling better now too.

Latest posts