• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Preparing "greens"

sxesweets

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Do you do it fresh every day? Or can I cut stuff up two or three days supply at a time and hust store it in the fridge? What/ how do others do it?

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tend to cut the bottoms off the stem and put them in water in the fridge. I tear off what I need and the rest stays fresh longer.

athena

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
sxesweets said:
can I cut stuff up two or three days supply at a time and hust store it in the fridge? What/ how do others do it?
i keep sandrin's greens in the frig the same way i do ours, which is to say: i wash them and shake some but not all of the water off then wrap them in paper towel inside a cloth kitchen towel and store them in a veggie drawer that's on the max. moisture setting. when i take out a leaf to feed him, i wash it again, so that he gets extra moisture from the drops of water on it. i wouldn't recommend cutting up leaves until just before you feed them since they're likely to loose moisture and nutrients that way.
athena

D00UUBLEB

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I too store the veggies in the fridge and change them out everydayj its very important they are fresh. Always wash the veggies in very cold water and cut them right before putting them in the viv.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I third that! Cut them up daily as part of the morning routine. I tried the cutting up a couple day's worth and they just weren't fresh. Not to mention Bernie was picky and would only eat them if they were freshly chopped!

sxesweets

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thats what I've been doing so far, doesn't seem to take too much time. Fits in while feeding daughter breakfast :)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent. It's amazing how quickly we can add a task to our routines. :)

Latest posts